Sunday, April 20, 2008

Papá Ko <3 PVR

Merry Sunday evenings!

I spent the yesterday night back home con mi familia and to my suprise, my dad saved me two programs about Barcelona!

The first one is called Made in Spain and it's host Jose taught the viewers (so pretty much my papá and I) how to make simple tapas, enjoy cavas (Catalunya's sparkling wine), and most importantly, all the great yummy places in Catalunya!

The second one is called Smart Travels in Barcelona and Costa Brava with Rudy Maxa. While that program wasn't as tasty as the first, it did mention some pretty neat places the girls and I will be visiting when we first get to Barcelona and are still in "tourist" mode.

So to summarize and recap the two shows, here's my list of attractions the girls and I will be awesoming when we get there:


La Boqueria Market
Pretty much, it's Granville Island Market, minus the island. It's totally wicked, stocked with tapas food courts, fresh produce and seafood!


El Bulli
Ok... this 3-Star Michelin restaurant that features dishes done on molecular gastronomy. The picture is one of the courses.. which is tomato couscous with with oil olives and basil and parmasean water... well the parmasean water isn't shown. El Bulli is quite possibly regarded as one of the hottest restaurants in Europe, if not the world... I mean, how else can you explain the fact that this place is already. No, seriously... I tried making reservations to this place but I couldn't since they've been booked out since probably the beginning of the year. According to wikipedia, El Bulli accomodates only 8000 diners a season, and over 800,000 diners call and try to get a seat! GAH! Way to go Ferran for making this place such a big hit!
**** Update 04.21.08 **** so apparently my cous-cous picture (above) is considered unappealing and unappetizing... and hence to satisfy the palettes of my friends, here's a few more pictures:

Foamy Margharita... I can't really figure out how you'd drink that just yet.

As you can tell... tiny portions, but there's many courses to make up for it!

Gelateria Xocolateria Santa Clara
(sorry no link on this one)
Apparently, Catalans enjoy thick chocolatey drinks and churros... aptly named "chocolate con churros" in espanol. :) The place is also really close the Barca football stadium.

The Ramblas

woot woot!!! it's the big central strip in Barcelona!!! lots of shopping and eating here!!! Also right beside the Barri Gotic (Gothic Quarter)... so to parallel it to Vancouver: Las Ramblas = Robson... Barri Gotic = Gastown!


Park Guell
Designed by Antonio Gaudi, I'll probably be spending a lot of my time here... sooo many tiles! Apparently the story is, people would donate Antonio Gaudi their sets of dishes or whatever and Gaudi would break it and try to put it all together in the park. It just looks so relaxing and sunny there.

Alright, that's enough from me tonight.

Keep up with me,

xoxo K





No comments: